Saturday 21 August 2010

Vive Le Chuck!

Long time no blog, I'm sorry. BUT HOW EXCITED ARE YOU ABOUT SEASON FOUR OF GOSSIP GIRL?! I cannot wait to let Chuck Bass back into my life. If you haven't seen the trailer then here it is:



In other news: here are the purchases I have/will be making this week:

Dress £37 down from £47, Miss Selfridge. Now this picture does nothing for this dress but I promise it looks beautiful on. I don't usually wear such girly items but the back of the body is crochet and it'll look amazing dressed down with dark tights and accessories. I have a 21st to attend in London next week so will be wearing this. May even be able to provide you with an outfit post....

Now I know these have both already been all over the blogs but i don't care because they're both so beautiful. A problem I have with nail polishes is that even when they claim to be 'pastel' they often look bright on the nails. I've tried several similar to Revlon's Minted Green (Barry M's Mint Green, Chanel's Jade and Nails Inc's Haymarket) but I believe that Revlon's shade is the palest, and therefore the best. The other colour I plan to buy is Models Own Fuzzy Peach which is a gorgeous pale peachy orange. It's always difficult to find a nice pastel orange, as they tend to be neon bright or too coral. I already own Chanel's Orange Fizz which is gorgeous but quite bright, and 17's Orange Soda which is a lovely colour but crap quality, 'Lasting Fix' my arse.

I am also considering gel nails. Not long ones, but maybe a few millimetres of length onto my own weak nails. Have any of you had gel nails? Any tips would be much appreciated.



I plan to channel the vampy lips look this winter, having recently dyed my hair brown from blonde, and therefore become able to wear darker make-up. I'm also hoping it might add a bit of edge to my baby face. I love the colour of Topshop's Vamp, but the texture is very waxy and drying. Have you found this with Topshop lipsticks? Anyway I'm on the hunt for a Vamp-a-like. MAC have got one called Diva on their website which looks similar so I need to go check out that baby. 

In other news, I've been up to little except work. Am on a mission to find the perfect winter boots (ridiculous that its August), and like the shearling look seen on a couple of pairs but can't shake the Carvela pair in a previous post from my mind. Here are my picks of the winter boots floating around currently. 


 Boots; Topshop (now Sold Out), River Island, Carvela at Kurt Geiger and New Look.



2 comments:

  1. shitttt, haven't seen that trailer, fairly excited for gg now! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post again :)
    that trailer makes me almost wish it was september!




    www.enthuse-me.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete